Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Card books

Pinterest has led me to yet another craft!! This one was especially interesting to me because it gave me something to do with my "pack rat" assortment of things I have saved over the years. I recently found a craft for designing Card books. I have saved just about EVERY SINGLE CARD EVER GIVEN TO ME!!

This includes Christmas, Birthdays, Valentines Days, cards my mom and dad wrote me my first year of college, invitations, thank you notes, etc. I know....I have a problem, but it makes bittersweet memories going through and reading them all... funny inside jokes between middle school and high school friends, seeing my late grandparents signatures, etc. It means alot to relive those times.

The booklets consist of pieces of cardborad cut to be a little bigger than the size of your largest card. The front and backs are decorated and each card and cover has a whole punched through the upper left hand corner so as to be able to string or clasp a ring to bind them together. You will then need a big ribbon to secure around the middle when you are not using the book.  Here are mine, (not completely finished)


1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely fantastic and you are NOT weird for saving almost every card! (Guess who has done the same?) This will definitely be my next crafty undertaking I will begin! I've been trying to figure out for the longest time what to do with my overflowing stacks of greeting cards and where to store them. Here is my solution! Ahhh love it!

    ReplyDelete

My Etsy Shop