Monday, January 23, 2012

New Piece of Art.

I have an empty space on the wall above my bed, so this weekend, I thought I would do some crafty art to fill the void. :) Well, I came upon this piece on Pinterest and decided I would try and attempt it.


This piece cost me nothing. Zero dollars. I had spare wood in the garage and the design calls for Paint Chips from Home Depot. I love Paint Chip crafts! <3.
Anyway, i did not use spray sealant to secure the paint ships, That was my first mistake. I used a hot glue gun. Shame on me. The edges continued to come up and curl.
I am going to continue my projects however, no matter how it comes out.
Although, It may not make it to the wall above my bed. LOL.

Here is how it started...  I laid out ALL my paint chips ahead of time. I chose to use the textured tiles from Martha Stewart. They were the perfect colors and had lots of texture! I did not cut them down to squares like she did in the tutorial. I do not have a paper cutter and attempted to cut with scissors first on other paint chips. Yeah.... did not turn out pretty. I abandoned that one.

So I laid them all out...



Then, I measured the length of my completed art and had my wonderful husband cut the board down to size. Then I spray painted the edges.


Next, I began to hot glue the pieces together. REMEMBER: dont use a hot glue gun or mod podge. GO for the spray sealant!!




Then, I covered it all in Mod Podge. WHich was very messy and a disaster, because like I said, all the edges curled up and the glue got under and made lumps....






And that was where I stopped. For Now. I am letting the pieces dry and tomorrow, I will attempt stain.. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Etsy Shop